Get Messy Art Journal || 03

Featuring lots of paint and more song lyrics (no one is surprised).

 This page was born out of boredom while I was sitting on my bedroom floor after a long day at clinical. This song, Heart Like Yours by the fictional band Willamette Stone, has been stuck in my head since I saw the movie. So naturally these were the first lyrics that popped into my head.

 And in come the black squiggles. And I did some misting in the background but didn't really like the way it turned out, so this is what happened!

 This page started out as a black smear of paint (of course) while I was listening to Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap.
Streaky paint splatters are my favorite. I may or may not have gotten slightly lightheaded while making this page.

About the Challenge
_________________________________  
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

6 comments:

  1. I love the boldness of both of these spreads. Especially the lettering of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez! I love watching your style evolve. Youre so talented in so many different ways. I love the paint smears so much and how the music influences your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so inspired by the colors with black! I tried to implement this idea in my pages this week but couldn't quite get it. These are gorgeous! And your handwriting is impressive-- I can't write that well with a brush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That smooshy black page ! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete